The J.O. Combs Unified School District is pleased to continue its partnership with Banner Ironwood Medical Center to administer the Student of the Month program. The program provides an opportunity each month for one student from each of the district's seven schools to be recognized for demonstrating one of the various pillars of the Character Counts program. One character trait is selected each month and students are selected by their principal or teacher.Traits included in the Character Counts Program include responsibility, trustworthiness, citizenship, caring, respect and fairness. For the month of April, students were recognized for demonstrating the character trait of trustworthiness.
Selected students are celebrated for their achievement with a certificate of recognition at the Governing Board meeting each month where they are acknowledged by Superintendent Dr. Greg Wyman, the Governing Board, and a Banner Ironwood Medical Center representative.
- Combs High School - Xerianna Morfin
- Combs Middle School - Maliyah Sanders
- Combs Traditional Academy - Gabrielle Figueroa
- Harmon Elementary - Charlee Shadle
- Ellsworth Elementary - Kayden Williams
- Simonton Elementary - Anthony Perez
- Ranch Elementary - Madison Bowers